Florida earned its reputation as the “Sunshine State” with warm and sunny weather year-round. However, all that sunshine comes at a price–spurts of severe weather that can knock out power for hours or even days at a time. Outages are most common during hurricane season, but South Florida residents know storms occur all year long.
Smart home and business owners recognize the value and peace of mind backup generators offer. These appliances can power necessary devices such as medical systems, refrigerators, and outlets to charge cell phones.
With decades of experience, Reliable Power Systems offers generator installation services to keep you and your home or business safe.
Quality Generator Installation in South Florida
As a full-service, family-owned electrical contracting company, we pride ourselves on offering trustworthy and reliable services to Palm Beach, Broward, Miami, and Martin counties since 2002.
How It Works
The Reliable team of experts creates a customized generator installation plan for every customer’s power requirements. Our goal is that the installation of your backup generator causes as little interruption to your daily life as possible. That means we handle all the necessary planning, installation, and testing.
While each custom installation plan is unique, every customer is guaranteed:
- Reliable, local service and support
- Generators sized effectively for a few essential circuits or your entire home
- Quality standby generators from industry-leading manufacturers
- High-performance, energy-efficient installations
- 24/7 dependable power during outages
- Fully trained technician available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year
- Support in operating the new system
- Ongoing service and maintenance as needed
If you’re ready to stress less about power outages, contact us today to get started.
At Reliable Power Systems, we work with the industry’s leading manufacturers to provide our customers with backup generators that they can count on in an emergency.
We sell, service, and install the following generator brands:
- Generac – Quiet, powerful, and reliable. Generac backup generators offer remote monitoring, mobile access, a reliable overhead valve engine, and exceptionally clean power with less than 5% THD. We offer Generac systems from the Guardian, EcoGen, Centurion, Protector, and Quietsource series.
- Briggs & Stratton – With over 100 years of experience, Briggs & Stratton offers generators with reliable, long-lasting engines, corrosion-free enclosures, Sound Shield™ noise reduction, and IntelliGEN™ Central Air technology that ensures smooth AC operation.
- Kohler – Equipped with proven Kohler engines, Kohler backup generators feature a 5-year/2,000-hour warranty, corrosion-proof enclosures, quiet operation, and PowerBoost technology that offers extra starting power for your central air system.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a backup power generator?
A backup power generator is a piece of permanently installed equipment outside your home. It only operates during a power outage, using your home’s regular power source (natural gas or propane) to keep the lights and appliances running. Our high-quality generators have a monitoring system that automatically switches the unit on when the municipal power supply goes down. Once power is restored, the generator shuts off.
What is the difference between a portable generator and a standby generator?
There is a night and day difference between these two. Portable generators are only a temporary solution to your power outage problems. They are noisy, only able to power a small amount at one time, and need to be manually brought out and connected whenever there’s an outage. Plus, temporary portable units contribute to another risk during hurricane season: carbon monoxide poisoning if set up improperly.
Standby generators (or backup power home generators), on the other hand, are a much more reliable and convenient way to keep power flowing during a storm. It automatically provides electricity to your entire house during an outage without disrupting your life.
How do I know which generator is right for me?
Our team of experts takes a multitude of factors into consideration–the size of the space, appliances, etc.–before making their recommendation. We recommend checking out our Generator Buying Guide to learn more.
Why Choose Reliable Power Systems
We are committed to providing reliable generator installation for South Florida homeowners which is why we never outsource any work and complete all projects in-house.
Continuing to provide high-quality equipment and services to our customers earned us:
- Ranked Generac Premier Level Dealer: “Best in Class”
- Generac Premier Dealer Award winner from 2013 to 2021—that means that we’ve been in the top 1% of Generac dealers in America for the last nine years!
- A+ rated with the BBB
- Angi’s List Super Service Award recipient from 2013 to 2021
Experience the Reliable difference–request a quote today!