When severe weather hits and the power goes out, you want to make sure your home’s generator is ready to go. The majority of generators can last 20 or 30 years. To get the most our of your system, regular, professional maintenance is the key.
With decades of experience, Reliable Power Systems provides the resources and services to help you survive any power outage. Located in Deerfield Beach, our whole-home generator maintenance team services homes and businesses in Broward, Miami Dade, Martin, and Palm Beach County.
Keeping your generator in optimal condition gives you peace of mind and helps you avoid unnecessary repairs down the road. Call (561) 757-4405 or contact us today to schedule generator maintenance for your South Florida or Gulf Coast home or business.
Benefits of Generator Maintenance
A whole-home generator is a complex system. From installation to repair, you want to make sure you are taking necessary care of your equipment. Once hurricane season is here, you don’t want to leave anything up to chance when it comes to powering your home. To make this happen, we offer a variety of generator services, including professional maintenance.
Our South Florida generator maintenance crew recommends regularly servicing your generator to experience the following benefits:
- Preparing for power outages at all times
- Refraining from making avoidable repairs
- Catching small problems before they become big ones
- Avoiding fuel-related problems
- Optimizing generator efficiency
- Maximizing system lifespan
To ensure your generator is ready to go, the Reliable team suggests scheduling generator maintenance for your South Florida home annually.
Why Choose Reliable Power Systems?
Making sure your system is operating correctly is critical, especially before the start of hurricane season! With more than 20 years in operation, Reliable Power Systems has helped countless South Florida residents keep the lights on with our high-quality, affordable, and professional generator services.
By choosing Reliable Power Systems, you are working with a team that has:
- Earned an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau
- Won an Angi’s List Super Service Award from 2013 to 2021
- Received the Generac Industry Excellence Award two years in a row
When it comes to generator maintenance that South Florida and Gulf Coast residents can trust, we have you covered.
Standard (2 annual visits)
Remote Monitor (1 annual visit +365 days/yr)
Preventative Maintenance Visit
Reliable Power Systems (RPS) Factory Certified Generator Technicians shall perform preventative maintenance according to the manufacturer’s maintenance schedule which may include the following:
- Inspect generator housing for corrosion and physical damage
- Visual inspection of electrical and mechanical systems for fault codes, loose connections, leaks, abnormalities, including wear and tear
- Inspect fuel piping and duel lines for cracking, wear, and gas leakage
- Wax Generator enclosure to prevent oxidation and protection from the elements (once annually)
- Remove all debris from unit, air inlets, and exhaust louvers
- Check wiring for vibration wear and tear or insulation breakdown
- Check for exhaust leakage and/or obstructions
- Check for loose wires, connections, corrosion, and blown fuses
- Inspect transfer switch housing for corrosion and physical damage
- Ensure wire connections are tight
- Inspect for corrosion, and blown fuses
- Test and record voltage
- Test charging system for proper operation
- Remove battery corrosion, if any
- Inspect battery posts for damage
- Clean and tighten battery cables and terminals
- Start generator, run functionality test, and record readings
- Test output voltage, amperage, and frequency
Oil and Filter (*as per manufacturer requirements)
- Check oil level and condition
- Full tune-up, synthetic oil change, new oil filter*
- Offsite oil disposal
- Change air filter and spark plugs
- Inspect belts for wear and tear
- Inspect radiator and coolant conditioner
- Priority Scheduling over Non-Member Customers
- Emergency Response within 24hrs or less
- 24-hour live answering service – Always a human!
- Discounted diagnostic rate and repair rate
- 10% discount on generator accessories and non-warranty service
- 10% electrical services discount for work done by our electrical division – RELIABLE ELECTRICAL SERVICES (Palm Beach and Broward Counties only)
Remote Monitoring – if applicable
- POWER WHEN YOU NEED IT MOST!! – remote monitoring shows us if your generator has a problem before it becomes a problem
- Immediate fault code notification – always be in the know on your generator status
- Diagnostic testing – performs and records daily readings
- Activity monitoring – monitor and records weekly exercises activity as well as power outages and generator usage
- Continuous monitoring – the device monitors your generator 24 hours a day, 365 days a year