As a Florida resident, you probably know how disruptive hurricanes can be to your daily life. If you have a backup generator, you count on this appliance to keep the power on in your home. However, if you haven’t thought about your generator since the last storm, or if the appliance didn’t function properly when you needed it, it could be time for a generator repair.
The certified, licensed, and trained technicians at Reliable Power Systems expertly provide backup generator repair, including commercial generator repair. We service all major makes and models with industry experience dating back to 2002.
Looking for generator repair services near me? If you’re located in Palm Beach, Broward, Miami-Dade, or Martin County, Reliable Power Systems is here for you!
Contact us online or call us at 561-757-4405 today to schedule emergency generator repair.
Signs Your Generator Needs Repair
Here are some signs indicating you need to call for generator repair:
- You are having trouble starting your generator
- There is visible damage to the exterior
- The generator is leaking
- Diagnostics show alerts
- There hasn’t been any maintenance on your generator in some time
- Your generator hasn’t been maintained in a while
Plan to schedule generator maintenance once every year to avoid being left in the dark when you need your generator the most. These preventative visits catch small issues before they grow into major problems. They also keep future generator repair costs down.
Types of Generators We Repair
- Briggs & Stratton generator repairs
- Kohler generator repairs
- Generac generator repairs
- Honeywell generator repairs
- Cutler-Hammer generator repairs
- Centurion generator repairs
- Lennox generator repairs
Call Reliable Power Systems at 561-757-4405. We also service and repair standby generators we did not install.
Common Backup Generator Repair Services
We can fix just about any problem with your backup generator. Here are some of the most common issues we see:
- Low coolant levels: A leak in coolant can quickly drain levels to zero. If your generator has a sensor, you’ll know when coolant levels are low in time to repair and refill the lines.
- Faulty wiring: A generator may not function properly if its wires are corroded or frayed. Electrical work should be left to a generator repair specialist to ensure your safety.
- Blocked fuel lines: Generators don’t just shut down when they run out of fuel. Leaving the line empty could result in a blockage or other wear and tear. To restore the generator’s functionality, a repair has to take place.
- Malfunctioning fuel gauges: It may not affect performance directly, but it prevents you from knowing when the propane is running low, so you may run out of propane without realizing it. Future unpleasant surprises can be avoided through repair.
- Faulty circuit breaker: The generator will not run consistently if the circuit breaker trips frequently. To ensure continued performance, you may need an electrician to replace the breaker.
- Old age: Generators last for years, but if yours is more than a decade old, it may need replacement.
Why Choose Reliable Power Systems for Generator Repair?
Reliable Power Systems provides quick, thorough emergency generator repair. In order to prevent generator problems in the future, we look out for small, hard-to-find problems and fix the underlying problem. Furthermore, we’ll ensure your generator is running efficiently and safely so that you can depend on backup power without risking your family’s health.
About Reliable Power Systems:
- Provided over 20 years of trusted expertise to homeowners in Palm Beach, Broward, and Martin Counties
- We provide 365/24/7 support for generators and backup power systems
- Our technicians are fully licensed and professionally trained
- We are rated A+ by the Better Business Bureau
- Our company has won the coveted Angi’s List Super Service Award every year from 2013 through 2021
- We have were awarded the Generac Industry Excellence Award two years in a row
Contact Reliable Power Systems today if you’re looking for a dependable and trustworthy generator company in South Florida. Counties we serve include Palm Beach, Broward, Miami-Dade, and Martin.
Frequently Asked Questions
What types of generators does Reliable Power Systems repair?
- Briggs & Stratton
- And more
What is a transfer switch?
Switches that transfer loads between two sources are called transfer switches. This electrical device allows you to safely connect a generator to your home’s electrical system.
Do you repair commercial generators?
Yes, Reliable Power Systems can repair commercial and residential generators.