As a responsible homeowner, you probably maintain all your major appliances regularly. However, one appliance that tends to get overlooked is the electrical panel. You may not even realize this box is considered an appliance! Just because it works discreetly in the background doesn’t mean you should ignore it.
Be aware that electrical panels wear out slowly, creating increasingly more noticeable problems as the months and years go by. If you notice signs of a declining service panel, or you have electrical upgrades in mind, turn to Reliable Electrical Services. Our experience upgrading and replacing circuit panels dates back to 2002.
To schedule an electrical panel upgrade in Palm Beach or Broward County, please call 561-232-6336 or contact us today.
How to Tell If You Need an Electrical Panel Upgrade or Replacement
Are you unsure if it’s time to upgrade your home’s electrical panel? You may be due for a replacement panel if:
- You live in an older home: As your home ages, its various systems experience wear and tear, including your electrical panel. Moreover, you may have upgraded your appliances and other technology in the years since you moved into your house. When technology is modernized, but the electrical panel is not, you run into trouble. If your home is more than 20 to 30 years old and has never had an electrical panel upgrade or replacement, call our electricians today to discuss your options.
- You want to put in new outlets or appliances: A service panel upgrade allows you to install new outlets and put in a central air conditioner or updated furnace. In particular, 240V appliances always require a panel upgrade.
- You have a Federal Pacific Electric panel: These were once the most popular electrical panels in the US, but now FPE products are being recalled and replaced due to frequent breakdowns and instances of electrical fires.
- You notice something strange about your service panel: Electrical panels are supposed to operate silently. If yours hums, buzzes, sparks, hisses, or becomes discolored, call a professional electrician immediately.
- You experience electrical issues frequently: Flickering lights, frequently tripping breakers, smoking outlets, and electrical odors are signs you should upgrade your circuit panel breaker as soon as possible.
When you upgrade your electrical panel, you’ll eliminate annoying tripped breakers, improve safety, reduce power surges, potentially decrease your homeowners insurance premiums, and possibly qualify for rebates and discounts from your utility company to help cover the cost.
Is your electrical panel showing any signs listed above? Call the experts at Reliable Electrical Services! Dial 561-232-6336 or contact us online for electrical service in the Palm Beach area.
Why an Electrical Panel Upgrade Is Not a DIY Project
If you’re wondering how to upgrade your circuit panel breaker, stop right there. In a vast majority of cases, a permit pulled by a licensed master electrician is required to perform this potentially dangerous and involved project.
Updating or replacing a service panel requires the proper equipment and know-how. After all, you can cut the power to work on an outlet, but you can’t shut off power to the electrical panel. Even when you flip the main breaker, the lugs still carry live electricity. This means high-voltage power enters the service panel at lethal levels. Without the right training, you could be seriously injured or worse when attempting this project. Plus, you’ll want advice about local electrical regulations to ensure your upgrade is code-compliant.
Don’t Wait to Upgrade Your Electrical Panel!
Improve the safety of your home’s electrical system and avoid future problems with an electrical panel upgrade or replacement. The licensed electricians at Reliable Electrical Services can add extra circuit breakers, improve the amperage of your electrical panel, or replace your outdated panel with a reliable new one.
To schedule an electrical panel upgrade with one of the best electricians in Palm Beach and Broward counties, please contact Reliable Electrical Services today.