The top priority of our generator service in Delray Beach is to ensure our customers are 100% safe. Having a reliable, enduring generator is one thing, but having a generator that can supply power and ensure safety is what drives us to go the extra mile for our customers. After all, a loss of power is both disruptive to life in your home and a risk to your safety, and we go to great lengths to help you avoid it.
The electricians at Reliable Power Systems are always ready to give advice to homeowners on how to remain safe, especially during emergency situations. Our years of experience have given us plenty of knowledge on what it take to keep your home safe, so pick up the phone and ask us any questions!
5 Helpful Tips!
Safety should always come first when it comes to maintaining your home’s electricity, so don’t skip a beat and take a look at the following safety tips:
- Keep Outlets Covered: While your generator will allow you to have plenty of power flowing through your home, uncovered outlets in your home are incredibly unsafe, especially if you have naturally curious young children or pets. This can lead to varying degrees of electric shock if not treated immediately. There are many plastic covers available today that can keep outlets covered for a longer period of time.
- Replace Old Generators: If you don’t feel like your current generator won’t provide you with enough power this season, it’s time to call for generator replacement. At Reliable Power Systems, we have a wide selection of new generators for you to choose from including top name brands like Generac, GE, Briggs and Station, and Kohler. Replacing now will save you from plenty of trouble and help you reduce your carbon footprint.
- Generator Maintenance: If you have a working, portable generator in your home, then it’s best that you take the right steps to maintain so it’s ready to provide power even during the roughest storms. The last thing you need is your generator to fail at the worst possible moment! Maintenance can include replacing spark plugs, checking fuel, and changing lubricant oil.
- Keep Candles and Flashlights Handy: In the case that you don’t have a generator or your generator does actually bust, it’s good to have a few candles and flashlights handy to provide an extra source of light during a power outage. It can also help you safely navigate through your home in the dark as you wait for your home’s power to be restored.
- Install Smoke & Carbon Monoxide Detectors: If you haven’t done so already, please install smoke and carbon monoxide detectors in your home. Smoke inhalation can lead to breathing problems and watery eyes, whilst carbon monoxide exposure has even more fatal consequences due to the fact that in
If you’re looking for more tips on how to keep yourself safe, contact our generator service in Delray Beach! We’re always ready to help you!