Gas line problems can be costly, frustrating, and potentially hazardous. In fact, even small leaks from gas lines can cost you, increasing your monthly gas bills while possibly damaging your property and home. To avoid problems and have the peace of mind that your gas lines are safe, it’s important that you have them checked regularly.
At Reliable Power Systems, our expert gas line technicians are skilled at working on both above-ground and in-ground lines, as well as gas lines inside of homes and businesses in the South Florida area. We can check all of the connections to your gas-powered appliances, including your generator, water heater, oven, clothes dryer, and more.
How Often Do I Need Gas Line Maintenance Service?
Business and homeowners in Palm Beach and Broward counties, FL should get gas line maintenance service at least once a year. Ideally, gas line maintenance should be done during the late summer or early fall—before temperatures drop—if the building is powered by a gas heating system.
It’s generally better to get gas line maintenance more often than once a year if:
- The structure is older.
- The structure is undergoing renovations or getting an addition.
- Gas lines have brass connectors, which can be susceptible to cracking and other damage.
- Landscaping work has been done or is being done on a regular basis.
Has it been more than a year since your gas lines were inspected and maintained? If so, call Reliable Power Systems at (561) 757-4405 or contact us online for line maintenance service in Broward County or Palm Beach County, FL.
Signs You Need Gas Line Maintenance Service
If you notice any of these warning signs of gas line problems, don’t wait to call the gas line experts at Reliable Power Systems:
- Persisting, foul smells, like the odor of rotten eggs
- Hissing or whistling sounds coming from your walls
- Poor growth of grass or plants outside of the building or home
- Visible rust on exposed gas lines in or around the structure
- Skyrocketing gas bills
Gas Line Maintenance Tips for South Florida Homes
Follow these steps to keep your gas lines operating properly:
- Don’t move any gas appliances if at all possible: This can stress your connections and cause them to crack. You should only have your connectors checked or replaced by an experienced professional. Even slight jostling can damage or break connectors.
- Minimize the use of insect sprays or cleaning products around your appliances’ connectors: Many of these products contain harsh chemicals that can corrode your gas lines.
- Don’t ever let any objects come in contact with your connectors: Also, keep your connectors separate and free from all wiring.
In most cases, the local utility is only responsible for maintaining the gas lines that supply your meter. You are responsible for the maintenance of all the gas lines that run from the meter to your home or office. If you notice any signs of corrosion or any other kinds of problems with your gas lines, don’t hesitate to contact Reliable Power Systems for service!
We proudly offer first-class gas line and generator services in Coconut Creek, Coral Springs, Davie, Deerfield Beach, Hollywood, Las Olas, Lauderdale-By-The-Sea, Parkland, Plantation, Palm Springs, Royal Palm Beach, South Palm Beach, Tequesta, West Boca Raton, West Palm Beach, and beyond!
Request A Quote
We are your trusted experts for all things electrical. Reliable is a family-operated company celebrating 20 years of providing superior service and expertise. At Reliable, we're known for going above and beyond to ensure each project is completed right - the first time.