Power outages are common in Florida, especially when severe storms occur. Investing in a backup generator for your home can be incredibly helpful when outages or other emergencies happen. By having a backup generator, you can save your food and stay safe and comfortable at all times.
There are many styles and options to choose from, including portable, whole-home, and inverter generators. Before buying, learn about safety, usage, power requirements, installation options, and fuel sources. The professionals at Reliable Power Systems will help you choose the right backup generator for your South Florida or Florida Gulf region home.
Benefits Of A Backup Generator
Purchasing a backup generator for your home is a smart decision that will provide many benefits. During a power outage, having a power source at hand ensures that your home remains functional and comfortable without interruptions. Unlike those who don’t have an alternative power source, you can go about your day as normal instead of having to wait for the electricity to come back on. Here are a few key benefits:
- Access to Fresh Food: With a backup generator, you can prevent food from spoiling during a power outage.
- Climate Control: You can keep your house at a comfortable temperature regardless of the weather conditions.
- Device and Appliance Use: Like your refrigerator, you can still use all your lighting, appliances, and electronics and keep your priorities intact.
- Increased Home Value: Adding a backup generator to your home can increase its value.
What to Consider When Buying a Generator
Are you unsure how much power you need for your home during a power outage? On average, a home requires around 5,000 watts of power, while a backup generator typically provides 5,000 to 25,000 watts.
To select the right generator, consider your peak electrical usage, continuous wattage, and whether to choose an air-cooled or liquid-cooled model. Our technicians at Reliable Power Systems can help you assess your home’s specific power needs to assist you in your decision.
Backup Generator Services in South Florida
Reliable Power Systems offers holistic backup generator services in South Florida and the Florida Gulf region. From installation to maintenance and repair, our team of certified technicians will make sure your family is always ready for the next emergency.
- Installations: We customize our generator installation plans to meet your specific power requirements, using high-performance, energy-efficient standby generators from industry-leading manufacturers. We handle all aspects of the installation process, from planning to testing, so you can enjoy power without interruptions.
- Repairs: For those who already own a backup generator, we provide repair services to ensure your system properly functions when needed. We offer emergency generator repair services, as well.
- Maintenance: When you regularly maintain your generator, you will prevent costly repairs and replacements in the future. We recommend using our generator maintenance services at least once a year.
We hope this article will help you choose the right generator for your Florida home. If you have any questions about what brand or style will work best for your house, do not hesitate to contact us.
We want to help you find long-lasting solutions when emergencies arise. Additionally, we can help install the unit for you and provide annual maintenance as the years go by. Call us today at (239) 214-0342 and tell us about your backup generator needs.