Any sort of gas line problem can be hazardous if it gets large enough, but even small issues can be extremely troublesome. Small leaks can waste money if they are not addressed as quickly as possible. In order to avoid problems, it is important that you have your gas lines checked on a regular basis to make sure they are working correctly.
Reliable Gas Services technicians have a great deal of experience in working on both above ground and in-ground lines, as well as gas lines inside a home or business. We can check all of the connections to your gas-powered appliances, such as your water heater, oven, clothes dryer or anything else.
If you are in an older home or building, the need for regular maintenance is even more magnified. As gas lines age their seals can become weaker. Older connectors, such as those made of brass, can crack, leading to a potentially hazardous leak. If you have any of these in your home, have it replaced as soon as possible with a connector made out of stainless steel. Not all brass connectors are bad, but it is very hard to be able to tell which ones will potentially cause problems.
Gas Line Maintenance Tips in South Florida
Here are some steps that you can take to help keep your gas lines operating properly.
- Don’t move any gas appliances if at all possible, because this can stress your connections and cause them to crack. You should only have your connectors checked or replaced by an experienced professional.
- Try to keep use of insect sprays or cleaning products around your appliances’ connectors to a minimum. Many of these products contain harsh chemicals can corrode your gas lines.
- Don’t ever let any objects come in contact with your connectors, and keep them free of all wiring.
- If you have to relocate an appliance for any reason, make sure that your connectors are replaced by a technician.
- Don’t check your connectors yourself because, again, they can easily break even if they are slightly jostled.
In most cases, the local utility is only responsible for maintaining the gas lines that supply your meter. You are responsible for maintenance of all the lines that run from the meter to your home or office. If you notice any signs of corrosion or any other kinds of problems, give us a call at Reliable Gas Services. Schedule an appointment with us today.