June 1, 2016 marks the official start of hurricane season. Perhaps right now you’re more focused on making plans with family and friends for Memorial Day weekend festivities. But don’t be swept up in all the fun just yet! Before the wind and rain come to your neighborhood, you need to think about generator maintenance in Delray Beach, FL to ensure you have a generator that can withstand any intense storm. Florida’s long, storied history of disastrous hurricanes has at times left millions of people without power. If you want to avoid becoming another statistic this year, you need to take the right steps in ensuring your home stays on the bright side.
You should make a point to call Reliable Power Systems for professional generator maintenance in Delray Beach, FL. Our team of electricians will be available to carefully inspect your generator to ensure it’s good and ready to go. We certainly don’t want see you and your family forced to walk through your home without any electrical power this season, so never hesitate to give our phones a ring when you suspect your generator isn’t quite ready. When it comes to maintaining your generator at this time of year, you can never be too sure!
How Can You Prepare Your Generator for Hurricanes?
In addition to our services, it’s definitely beneficial for you to make more of an active role in getting your generator up to speed. Don’t allow the storms to overtake your generator and instead take the following actions:
- Change the generator oil before hurricane season begins according to your generator’s manual. Also make sure to check oil levels at the end of every use this upcoming season.
- Please inspect your generator for any physical damage like major dents or cracks that could prevent it from working at the best of its abilities. Also inspect the generator for any frayed wires or anything else that looks out of the ordinary.
- Stock up on extra supplies including extra oil, filters, bolts, fuel, gas cans, extension cords, and plugs. In the event that you need to replace certain items to ensure your generator works properly, having these items handy will make the process faster.
- Inspect the generator’s air filter for dirt or physical damage. If it’s looking like it’s seen better days, it’s time to replace it.
- Give your generator a test before hurricane season. Many generators on the market today have the ability to conduct self-testing that will notify you of any problems. However, if your generator does not have this feature, please follow the owner’s manual for proper testing.
Contact Reliable Power Systems today if you want generator maintenance in Delray Beach, FL so when a storm approaches, your generator will be ready to endure it all!!