Step-by-step maintenance check list
Just like any other piece of machinery, a generator needs to be maintained on a regular basis to make sure that it lasts as long as possible. At Reliable Power Systems, we provide preventative maintenance services in complete accordance to manufacturers’ maintenance schedules. You will always be able to count on service from a factory certified generator technician.
When you sign up for our basic maintenance agreement, you will receive two visits by a technician. Here are some of the many maintenance checks that we perform on the first visit:
- Visual inspection of all electrical and mechanical systems
- Inspect generator housing for physical damage or corrosion
- Check generator for any fault codes, loose connections, leaks, abnormalities, abnormal wear and tear, etc.
- Check automatic transfer switch for any loose wires, connections, or blown fuses
- Remove all debris from inside unit inlets and outlets
- Start generator and run complete diagnostics with all readings recorded
- Test generator output voltage, amperage, and frequency in hertz
- Test and record battery voltage
- Test battery charging system for proper operation
- Check belts for wear and tear
- Check oil level and condition
- Check air cleaner condition
The second visit includes all of the above plus:
- Synthetic oil change
- Oil filter replacement
- Offsite disposal of used oil
- Air filter replacement
- Spark plug replacement
- Top off engine coolant (Liquid-Cooled only)
- Wax generator enclosure to prevent wear
Call today to enroll in our Reliable Power Systems maintenance program.