Electrical rewiring is highly important for both ensuring convenience and safety in your home. If your home’s wiring is beginning to look a little worse for wear, you may think it’s time for something new, especially when keeping old, frayed wiring in the house can be a huge safety hazard. However, for more complex electrical work, it is better to not attempt it yourself. The risks of DIY electrical work are far too great. Electrical shock can be deadly, and imperfect wiring can lead to fires. Worse, due to a lack of knowledge on electrical repair, the quality of the rewiring work may not be so great and result in further damage to your home’s electrical system. For all of these reasons, it is important that you call a qualified electrician for any serious rewiring job you need done. Saving money and renovating are not worth the risk of harm. However, even though it is always better to leave rewiring in the hands of a professional, there are still some things you can do on your end to ensure your home’s electricity is working to the best of its abilities.
How Can Reliable Electrical Services Help You?
At Reliable Electrical Services, we make it our top goal to provide homes with up-to-date electricity. Our team of licensed electricians know how to rewire your home so it is equipped with safe yet effective electrical power for all of your lights and appliances. Even if it’s just a matter of making a few electrical upgrades, we can make sure your home is equipped with the most modern and reliable wiring around. We do incredible work on electrical service panels, circuit breakers, ground fault circuit interrupters (GFCI), and so much more. In addition, if you have any questions, feel free to ask us. With just one phone call our way, you can dramatically improve the performance of your appliances. On top of that, you will have wiring meeting local codes and regulation. But most importantly, you will be able to enjoy greater safety, keeping your family’s well-being in check.
Tips for Electrical Rewiring
With so many different rewiring options available, it may seem difficult accessing what you want. However, if the team at Reliable Electrical Services can offer recommendations, such as:
- Replace Lighting Fixtures: Even the most reliable electrical fixtures need to be replaced eventually. There will always be some modern fixture on the market waiting to take its place. Many fixtures feel like permanent pieces, but they really can be replaced by more modern options. However, the power to your circuit breaker must be shut off before any work begins.
- Install Non-Electrical Wires: The Internet pretty much runs our lives today, so thankfully installing non-electrical wires likes ethernet or other signal cables is relatively safe and can improve internet access throughout your home. Or, if you want better-sounding music in your home, you can install non-electric speaker cables through an attic or crawlspace.
- Replace Outlets & Switches: Outlets and switches will last you a long time, but they will need to be replaced due to old age or significant physical damage. If you own builder’s grade or three-prong outlets, these will also need to be replaced as they are too outdated to handle modern electrical demands.
- Install Outlets: In addition to replacing outlets, you may want to add more outlets. You may discover your home does not have enough outlets to support all of your appliances, and you certainly don’t want to face the possibility of overloading power strips. A fairly simple electrical upgrade from Reliable Electrical Services can manage this problem safely and for the entire life of the home.
- Electrical Service Panel Upgrades: Electrical service panels can last up 30 years, but you need to upgrade them eventually. Especially true after any major remodels, the panels are not always in a prime location. Some options for making life easier would be to have separate panels on separate floors, getting a panel out of the way before demolition or simply adding more circuits to the breaker.
- Ground Fault Circuit Interrupters (GFCI) Outlets: GFCI outlets are amazing devices that can prevent electrocution by cutting off power once they sense an irregular flow of current. They are best used in older homes that frequently have trouble in thunderstorms or in any area of the home where water and electricity are more likely to mix.
- Flickering Lights Repair: Noticing the lights in your home flickering? Then it’s a problem that needs to be addressed by an electrician, who will be able to conduct any rewiring work necessary to guarantee consistent lighting for your home. Fixing your lighting in this situation will reduce the chance of danger and prevent you from spending money on repair.
Don’t Get Caught In The Dark This Fall – Schedule An Electrical Rewiring Service Today
Contact Reliable Electrical Services today if you want to learn more on how you can improve home convenience with electrical rewiring!