Electrical panel replacement may not be the most common of household repairs, but when issues arise it’s a necessary appliance to fix. Signs of a much needed electrical panel replacement can go unnoticed by new homeowners, so we’re compiled a list of 5 signs you need electrical panel replacement in Boca Raton, FL.
- Constantly Breaking Circuit Breakers: Breakers that are constantly turning off in your house not caused by storms or natural disasters could be a sign you need electrical panel replacement in Boca Raton, FL. These increasing power outages are caused from an aging electrical panel that is both more susceptible to power surges, and may no longer be able to keep up with your home’s energy demands due to new appliances.
- Evidence of a Faulty Panel: The easiest way to identify a faulty electrical panel is finding breakers that won’t reset. A working electrical panel will allow you to easily reset a circuit breaker once it is blown, but a faulty panel won’t restore power immediately. If your home has a faulty panel, call a professional for electrical panel replacement in your home.
- Signs of Fire: Any signs of fire in your electrical panel are causation for immediate electrical panel replacement. Signs of fire could be scorch marks or a scent of smoke around the panels. Fires are caused by aging panels with faulty and frayed wires that can no longer handle the electrical load your panel is dealing with. While small fires will usually put themselves out, any fire can easily grow to be catastrophic, so any signs of fire should warrant immediate electrical panel replacement in Boca Raton, FL.
- It’s Hot to the Touch: If your electrical panel is hot the touch, it’s time for replacement. A warm or hot electrical panel means there is an overload of power to the system, and could cause a fire if not taken care of. If this is occurring in your home, it’s time to call a professional for electrical panel repair.
- It’s an Outdated System: If your electrical panel is getting up there in years, it’s probably time for a replacement. Signs of an old electrical panel could be the presence of aluminum wires, which are now replaced with copper writing, or just old and damaged wires in the unit. An old electrical panel poses a fire hazard in your home and reduces energy efficiency, so if you’re electrical panel is looking like it’s at the end of its days, start planning its retirement party.
If your home is experiencing any of the electrical issues mentioned about, it’s time for electrical panel replacement. For proper and efficient electric panel replacement in Boca Raton, FL, call Reliable Electrical Services to get the job done right.