It goes without saying, but it’s pretty much summer year-round in Florida. The climate doesn’t really change, and that means electrical home safety in Delray Beach, FL shouldn’t either. Spring may mean those sunny days will be even longer, but that doesn’t necessarily mean you won’t have to worry about your electricity. In fact, The National Fire Prevention Association reports that nearly 48,000 residential fires a year involve some sort of electrical failure that could’ve been prevented if the homeowner had simply taken the right safety precautions. And many of those electrical fires can take place right here in Delray Beach, FL!
Fortunately, Reliable Electrical Services is here to provide you some advice when it comes to electrical home safety in Delray Beach, FL. In addition to providing our own high-quality electrical service, our team of electricians can give you advice on what needs to be done to ensure 100% electrical safety in your home. Above all else, your safety is our main priority, and we’ll always go the extra mile to help you ensure it. Avoid the fires, avoid the shocks, and follow our advice!
So, How Can You Ensure Electrical Home Safety in Delray Beach, FL?
Trying to keep you and your family safe should come before you make any fun springtime plans, and all it takes is a few simple adjustments. In fact, here are 7 of ‘em:
- Avoid Outlet Overload: When you and your family are using all sorts of appliances at once, the nearest outlet can become overloaded and increase the risk of an electrical fire. It’s much safer to plug in one appliance at a time.
- Keep Outlets Covered: It’s especially important to keep naturally curious pets and small children from coming into contact with exposed outlets! Durable plastic covering will keep outlets protected for a long period of time, reducing the risk of fires and shock.
- Replaced Damaged Electrical Cords: Your extension cords can power a wide range of appliances but like any wiring, they can become damaged and incredibly hazardous to have in your home. Damaged electrical cords can also increase the chances of power outages.
- Don’t Run Extension Cords Under Carpets: While many homeowners will make this mistake, keep extension cords away from any fabric to avoid a massive fire. Fabric and fire do not mix, and the instant a damaged extension cord catches fire you should immediately.
- Invest in GFCI Outlets: A ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) can be installed in bathrooms, basements, and outdoor areas to prevent control the amount of electrical current passing through your home. Of all the electrical updates to consider, this one is the hugest lifesaver.
- Install Motion Sensors: It’s not just the inside of our home in need of protection; your exterior needs safe electricity as well. Motion sensors will turn on when they detect movement, which can keep intruders away and your family safe. It can also allow any guests to pull into your driveway safely.
- Invest in Whole Surge Protection: Contrary to popular belief, it doesn’t need to be storming outside for a power surge to occur. Whole home surge protection can prevent you from experiencing power surges and help you use computers, radios, and more!
Contact Reliable Electrical Services today if you want to learn more on how to ensure better electrical home safety in Delray Beach, FL!