As one of the most trusted Boca Raton generator services, we’re often asked by homeowners how they can be sure they’re using their generators in the safest and most responsible manner possible. That’s why we’ve compiled a list of the five most important tips to follow during a power outage.
Generator Tips From Your Trusted Boca Raton Generator Service
There are a number of things you absolutely need to keep in mind in order to run your generator safely:
- Keep children and pets away from the generator. A generator is a power source, and as such, it’s a potential hazard. Keep children and pets out of harm’s way and don’t allow them near the generator.
- Place the generator outdoors. It needs to be in a properly ventilated location that’s not in any proximity to vents, doors and windows. That way, exhaust fumes can’t enter the home.
- Don’t place the generator in a garage that’s attached to the home. Even with the door open, you risk fumes entering the home.
- Check that your home’s carbon monoxide detectors are in good working order. In the event there’s a problem, you’ll need this warning system to get your family and yourself to safety.
- Never refuel the generator when it’s in use. Power it down and allow it to cool off before refueling.
In addition, make sure to store the fuel in a properly sealed and marked container.
Call Reliable Power Systems for Boca Raton Generator Service
When power outages happen, you can be stuck for hours or even days without electricity. In other words, no Internet, entertainment, appliances, heating or AC—all the things we count on to live, study and work. That’s why it’s imperative your generator’s in good working order. Reliable Power Systems can help you maintain your generator so it doesn’t fail you when you most need it. We can also advise you on any necessary repairs and even replacement. Find out why smart Boca Raton homeowners call Reliable Power Systems even before their generator fails: contact us today.