The U.S. Fire Administration reports that faulty wiring is responsible for more than 67,000 residential fires and hundreds of deaths each year. Of course, you can’t live in your home with these concerns constantly looming over your head, especially when you suspect your current wiring isn’t up to par. Electrical wiring in Deerfield Beach, FL needs to be upgraded immediately when you first notice any major signs that it can serve a real detriment to home safe. Unfortunately, plenty of homeowners simply don’t take action, leading their home to become just another number to add to the stats.
Reliable Electrical Services can’t stress the importance of upgrading your electrical wiring in Deerfield Beach, FL enough. When the safety of you and your family is at risk due to poor wiring, you need to make a phone call our way to upgrade. Our team of electricians will always make the extra effort in ensuring your home is equipped with the safest and most durable wiring today.
When Should You Upgrade Electrical Wiring in Deerfield Beach, FL?
The next time you suspect it’s time to give your home’s electrical wiring an overhaul, you may want to pay attention to any of the following:
- Flickering or Dimming Lights: Flickering or dimming lights is a fairly common problem, but it’s time for a change in your electrical wiring when they begin behaving this way on a much more regular basis. This can be incredibly inconvenient, especially when it can prevent from using lights and appliances to their fullest.
- Warm Outlets: Are your outlets feeling hotter to the touch every time you use them? Then it’s a sign the wiring is becoming overwhelmed and needs to be replaced. Not replacing wiring in this situation can prove to be a huge safety hazard, resulting a higher risk of electrical fires and shocks.
- Aluminum Wiring: Though once a popular alternative for home wiring during the ‘60s and ‘70s due to rising costs in copper, aluminum wiring is no longer considered safe and needs to be replaced immediately. If you’re still living in an older home with aluminum wiring, you need to replace it with copper wiring to ensure a safer home that won’t put anyone’s lives at risk.
- Burning Smells: Are you beginning to smell the unpleasant yet immediately recognizable odor of burning plastic in your home? While this can be due to a wide range of reasons, you absolutely shouldn’t rule out problems with your electrical wiring. It could be a sign that wiring is heating up and if not treated soon, you may heighten the risk of electrical fires.
- Extensive Physical Damage: Electrical wiring will begin to sport some wear and tear as it ages. Though it may continue to work well despite this, physical damage may prove extensive enough that it begins to disrupt its overall performance and become a safety hazard.
Notice any of these signs? Contact Reliable Electrical Services today to upgrade your electrical wiring in Deerfield Beach, FL to make your home safer.
Request a Quote
Reliable Offers Generator Services
Hurricane preparedness includes installing a reliable backup power source in case of a blackout. Reliable Power Systems installs some of the best standby generators today from Generac, Kohler, and Briggs & Stratton. We are also proud to be two-time winners of the Generac Industry Excellence award.