So you’ve invested in a standby generator for your home, and you’re pleased with the decision, since you’ve already had to use it during a recent power outage. However, while the satisfaction of its purpose is still fresh in your mind, it’s a good idea to inform yourself about common types of generator repair in Palm Beach.
Common Types of Generator Repair in Palm Beach
The best reason you should know about common types of repair is that if you’re aware of them, you’ll know what to look for when checking and performing maintenance on your generator:
- Broken or damaged fuel lines. Because your generator is probably not located indoors, it’s going to be vulnerable to a lot of wear and tear from the elements. Fuel lines can get blocked if the fuel inside evaporates. At the same time, fuel lines can tear or loosen. All of this can compromise the generator’s functioning—but it can also place you at risk if fuel is leaking into your yard.
- Broken or damaged wires. It’s inevitable that exposed wires are going to wear and fray. However, over time, this can result in power fluctuations and even make the generator break down completely.
- Blown fuses on the control panel. Just like fuses on your home’s electrical panel, those on your generator will blow when they’re old and worn. Make sure to always have a replacement fuse on hand.
- Worn spark plugs. Spark plugs will wear down over time and need to be replaced.
- Lubrication problems. Part of your generator’s maintenance involves lubricating parts to avoid friction. Parts that aren’t lubricated properly can wear and even break.
Call Reliable Power Systems for Generator Repair in Palm Beach
If you notice any of these issues, call Reliable Power Systems. Our team of experts will get your generator up and running in no time at all. It’s also a great idea to discuss regular maintenance calls with our team. That way, you’ll have the peace of mind that your generator is always in good working order. Don’t wait: call us today!